Sunday, November 11, 2012

Spending a little QT with our house.

This weekend was crazy productive.  Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning, organizing, and purging around the house in preparation for the holidays.  Seriously, is there anything as gratifying as decluttering and getting rid of stuff?   I used to be a bit of pack rat, but as I have gotten older, I have gotten pretty ruthless at getting rid of stuff.

Today, we spent a lot of time taking care of some house maintance and what not since I have finally got back on the home renovation bandwagon.  My husband and I bought our first house 3 years ago.  It is a cute 1950's raised ranch that was in solid condition but in desperate need of updating.  When we first moved in, we did quite a bit of updating right off the bat.  We repainted every room, tore up carpet, tore  down wallpaper.  In the kitchen we purchased a new stove (The original fifties stove was still being used by the previous owner.),  had recessed lighting and a dishwasher installed, added more counter space and built-in shelves, the cabinets were painted white, and a new granite countertop put in.

All those updates were sorely needed and have transformed the kitchen, but they tapped us out budget-wise and motivation-wise.  I have finally got my mojo back and am ready to tackle some of cosmetic issues that I have been bugging me the last couple of years.

Number one on my list, repaint the master bedroom.  We painted it when we first moved in, but I have pretty much hated the color since day one.  It looked great in naturally light, but since our bedroom barely gets any at all, the color looks terrible most of the time.  Forgetting to really look at paint samples at night was a totally rookie mistake.

Any way I am totally, absolutely in love with the idea of  a gray bedroom, so U picked up a million paint swatches at Home Depot today.  Once we narrow it down to our winner,  I will update on the final outcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment