Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Favorites: Ina's Outrageous Brownies

With approximately 80 billion existing sources for recipes, I rarely bake the same thing twice, and if I do, I know the recipe is winner.  This brownie recipe is awesome!  Not surprising since this is an Ina Garten recipe and I don't know that I have ever had one of her recipes turn out badly for me.  Be warned if you like cakey brownies as this recipe won't be your thing, but if you are like me and like dense bricks of fudgy goodness then you better get on making these ASAP.


A couple of things

1. Yes, there is a lot of butter in this recipe, but I am believer that sweets should be an occasional treat, not an every day thing; therefore, when you do indulge, you shouldn't worry about things like calories or healthifying them.

2. Follow the recipe and definitely refrigerate them as it helps develop that perfect fudgey texture.

3. This recipe makes a ton.  Great for the holiday season if you are having a party or making goodie bag plates for friends and family; otherwise, I would halve this recipe.


3 comments:

  1. My sister recently made these for a family gathering - they are fabulous! In fact, so good, that once we got home we looked at each other and said, "Why didn't we bring a couple of those brownies with us?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ina's newest cookbook apparently has a version with salted caramel! i looking forward to getting her book so I can try them!

      Delete