Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sugar Flower Inspiration: Portland's Rose Garden

Man, June kicked to my booty. Hard.  It was crazy busy, and I didn't get around to posting once.  I worked on a couple of big cakes (pictures forthcoming) with lots of sugar flower work, started training again for the Chicago Marathon, and took a week vacation to Oregon. 

Oregon was fabulous! We spent a few days in Portland with friends, visited Crater Lake, and spent a day and night in the Northern Oregon Wine Country.  One of the highlights of the trip was the International Rose Test Garden in Portland.  It was such an insanely beautiful place, and it smelled AMAZING.  I have never seen so many varieties and colors of roses, and the sugar flower artist in me was completely overwhelmed by the inspiration.   I loved the gardens so much that I made my poor husband visit twice so I could take a ton of pictures to later use when making sugar flowers.  

Here are some of my favorites from my visit:











 





 

1 comment: