Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Teddy Bear Cake

Today is the day people are either loudly complaining about its fake, commercial nature or proudly bragging on Facebook about how awesome their significant other is.  Personally,  I don't have really have any feelings either way about Valentine's Day; however, I do love any excuse to decorate a cake. 


I wanted an opportunity to practice modeling figures and thought a sweet teddy bear would be perfect for this Valentine's day.  I used this tutorial from Little London Bakery to create this cute, little guy.


The bear is centerpiece of the cake, so I kept everything simple with some quick ribbon roses and leaves.  I love this little guy!  Luckily, this cake is just for me so I can keep him.  Happy Valentine's day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate! I love your cake and the bear. I'm happy I could help a little bit with my tutorial. :) Erika from Little London Bakery

    ReplyDelete