Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Toffee Brittle with Chocolate and Sea Salt

Toffee Brittle with Chocolate and Sea Salt.  Do I really need to say anything else to convince you to go try this recipe? This is seriously one of my favorite holiday treats   It is so freaking delicious and addicting that I can only make it for the holidays otherwise I would weigh 300 pounds.


This recipe takes very few ingredients and almost no time to make. Plus, you get a good size batch that you can portion out and tie up in cellophane bags with a pretty ribbon. Boom! Edible holiday gifts done! The original recipe can be found here


A couple of notes:

1. The recipe states to use 1/8 to 1/4 cup of sea salt.  I use almost the full 1/4 cup because I really love the contrast of the initial bite of salt followed by the sweetness of the chocolate and toffee.

2.  I always use slivered almonds because almonds are my favorite.  Use your favorite nut, but don't skip toasting them as it brings out their flavor. 350 in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally until they smell delicious and are lightly browned.  Keep a close eye on them though because they will go from toasted to burnt in flash.  Ask me how I know?

3.  I use bittersweet chocolate instead of semisweet. But again, it is just a preference thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment