Monday, November 21, 2011

Marathon Number Two!

It took me one month and two days to do it, but I  finally pulled the trigger and signed up for my second marathon.

It is official. On May 5th, 2012, I will be tackling 26.2 miles again.  I didn't recap my Chicago Marathon experience here because frankly, I didn't have the race I wanted.  Stomach pains necessitating two pit stops in the second half, as well as some hip pain, made for a very slow time. It was my first marathon and I was happy just to have finished; however, I am still a little upset because I know I am a much better runner than my marathon time indicates. 

So training for the marathon will commence in January, which means that I have a bit of time to get myself mentally prepared and committed to train again.  I have never been a winter runner, and the bulk of the training will be taking place during Chicago's crappiest, coldest months.  That said, I am looking forward to the challenge and the chance to buy new winter running gear! God knows, I never turn down the chance to shop even if it is athletic gear. 

Two years ago, I couldn't imagine running one marathon, and now, in the near future, I will have two under my belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment