Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies

Man, it feels like it has been forever since I baked something that wasn't a cake.  Now that my marathon training is over, I am shaking the dust off my measuring spoons and am getting back my baking mojo.

Guilty pleasure confession, I am not immune to the thrall of store bought baked goods.   I especially love those pastel iced sugar cookies you get in the grocery store bakery section, so when I saw a recipe for homemade frosted sugar cookies making rounds across the Internet, I made sure to put it in my "to make" file.   

Mike has been bugging me to make something for him to take to work, and I thought it would finally be a good time to try out the recipe.  The verdict: totally delicious. Soft and buttery without all the nasty chemicals that are in store bought cookies.  This recipe is definitely a keeper. 


I used this recipe from Annie Eats and decorated them with a fall theme.  The recipe yield says 24 large cookies,  but I got about 40 medium size cookies out of the batch, and I can't imagine making them any bigger.  The key is to keep an eye on them and not over bake them to ensure they stay nice and soft.   

No comments:

Post a Comment