Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Shower Cake

Even though most people at work know that I bake and have been known to bring in goodies occasionally, I have never done a decorated cake for work until recently.  A few of the ladies threw one of our interns a baby shower, and they asked me to do a little cake for her. This was just a little last minute number.  I really didn't know how I was going to decorate it until I did it.  Sadly, the only pictures I got were with my cell phone which is why they are so terrible.






I just love the color combo and gum paste baby booties are always a hit.  You can't really tell from the picture, but I dusted the whole cake lightly in super pearl dust which made it look lovely.  I wish I could have added a little more detail to the baby blanket on top but I ran out of time.  I had also tried to add a welcome message on the cake board using those funky letter tappits, but that was a tragedy.  I haven't figured out how to make those darn things work for me yet.  But overall,  I thought it was a cute simple little cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment