Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Dream Wedding Cake

In less than 60 days, I will be taking the plunge and marrying my honey, but I have been thinking about and imagining my wedding cake way before we ever got engaged.  And once that ring was on my finger, the cake became top priority. In fact, I booked my cake decorator a full 10 months before the big date. 

We/I decided quickly on the color scheme and style of the wedding and started pouring through my huge collection of cake inspiration pictures.  I have always been drawn to black and white designs with pops of color and knew that was the direction I wanted to take with the wedding.  Black and white with pops of red that we would bring in through the florals.  Dramatic and classy with just a touch of vintage.

Here are the cakes I brought to my meetings with the cake designers.


Love, love, love this cake from Pink Cake Box!   It is practically perfect. The colors, the red gum paste roses, the brooches. Sophisticated and dramatic.  I also am a fan of the alternating circle and square layers.



Another from Pink Cake Box, I love the sweet vintage look of this cake and the combination of the black ribbon and the lace.  The colors are more delicate than what I am imagining for the wedding, but the overall design is gorgeous.



This cake is from the King of gum paste flowers, Ron Ben-Israel.  Again with the my love the gum paste roses and lace. I also totally dig the style of the fondant bands around the tiers.



Every Ron Ben-Israel cake is gorgeous, and I could post a million pictures of his wedding cakes that I adore, but I narrowed it down to this beauty to bring along with me to tastings also.  I just adore the drama of the one huge rose cascading down the cake. 

Image: Ana Parzych Custom Cakes via The Knot

Finally, the last cake I brought was from Ana Parzych Custom Cakes. Are you seeing a theme here?  I want my red gum paste roses.  And lots of lace.  Once I decided on my dress, a gorgeous all lace number, that pretty much sealed the deal for having lace details on my cake. 

So which cake am I getting.  The answer to that question is none of the above.  My cake designer, Amy Beck Cake Design, did a fabulous job of combining the details that I loved from these designs into a unique design just for my cake.  You will have to wait until after the wedding to see pictures, but she did a sketch of the design for me.  I am pee-pants excited to see the final product!  I know it is going to be totally gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment